Thursday, August 9, 2012

World Class Dancers

Her Many Horses' Young Men and they are great dancers.  I was standing in the Oglala Lakota Nation Pow Wow Arena and a blur went by me and I looked and I saw a dancer floating across the arena.  Wow it is great to have some relatives who are World Class Dancers.  I started dancing as a boy but the streets took me.  I grew up looking to make a buck and create some delinquency if you know what I mean.  I have had many things I have been passionate about but these guys can dance.
I am always dropping names like the Her Many Horses and am proud to call them blood relatives. 
Lakota like many people are a part of their mother's family.  I grew up without knowing my relatives but then when I turned thirty I began to come to know them.  Grandma Emily Her Many Horses called my one day and told me she was proud of me.  She just lived a couple of blocks away.  I met my uncle Mike and John and then I met Grace Her Many Horses who is the chief of police on the Rosebud Reservation. 
I was eating in a restaurant in Chadron, Nebraska one day and I noticed a high school choir eating and they were from Todd County High School.  I knew I had relatives there and asked if any of them knew the Her Many Horses and one young lady raised her hand and said she was a Her Many Horses it turned out she was Emmy Her Many Horse and I ended up getting so excited I bought their choir lunch.  Ah, to find your relatives! Stay close to your family because you don't choose relatives when they are blood. 

No comments: